Once I have assembled the miniature I glued some sand to the base with PVA glue. When dry I have sprayed the whole model with silver paint.
I’ve lots of old paint pots from Citadel Paints, P3, and others. Most are gunky and over 10 years old. I found a green that had some life in it, as well as a brown and metallic copper. I used these sparingly.
I have a coloured varnish from the Army Painter range. Once I’d levered the lid off I applied it with a paint brush so I could control where it went. Army Painter uses a dipping process but this can be very messy, so I use a brush.
The brown base is still wet, as is the varnish. I’ll give the base a highlight and stick on some static grass to finish it off but otherwise I’m happy with this painting style. The brown varnish gives the silver a battlefield tarnish and the dots of green match in with the Necron description in the rulebook.
1 down, 11 to go!